kaosun Publish time 2018-02-11 20:25:30

Great universal power adapter you have! I've never seen such an excellent adapter! Cheers!

funbear Publish time 2022-02-01 00:33:21

I've got a used Sony D-25 (my very first CD player when I was younger) from eBay. I have some basic knowledge about electronic devices so I gave it a try. It played okay after sticky middle gear got fixed. Then, a few days after, it skipped sometimes while play some commercial printed CDs. Since it is really annoying, I tried to see if I can fix the issue by clean the laser pickup. The flex cable socket fell off from the board when I tried to disconnect the cable. I soldered the socket back (with proper cleaning and nice soldering tools). Now, the machine will not work anymore. It spins the CD three times and stops. I can visibly see the laser beam from the laser pickup and it moves up and down still. Besides soldering the socket, I only lubricate the spinning motor with tiny bit grease (nothing else was touched or adjusted). What are the issues? I did not see this coming at all.:@

kaosun Publish time 2022-02-01 09:49:19

Pls disassemble the socket and clean the cable header to give it one more try.

funbear Publish time 2022-02-02 15:43:23

I do not have a heat gun so it is not likely I will be able to de-solder the socket. But I made sure the pins are completely separated with solder flux. Now the laser pickup moves three times and moves to the farthest position (and keeps moving outward) then stops. I think more soldering may destroy the traces on the circuit board. :@

kaosun Publish time 2022-02-10 20:02:37

I believe I handled your D25.

GT-R Publish time 2022-02-16 03:16:38

my master, guess who am i? it is hard to find you
Pages: 1 2 [3]
View full version: Kaosun's Vintage CD Player Service Bulletin