Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Kaosun's CD Players

Forgot password?
 Repair!
Search
View: 7642|Reply: 2

Interesting Puzzle ... SOLVED!!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-03-22 20:20:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by serge1996 at 2019-03-24 15:45

There is an interesting glitch with Sony CDP-7F Discman reported at boomboxery.com. If you press Play immediately after turning player ON, it works fine. If you are too slow to hit Play, then it shuts down. Any ideas on how is this possible??? Below is the full description by the owner:
The issue now is that if I wait for the TOC to be read, which it does successfully initially then after a few seconds the display shows a zero and when I select a track with the track selection button and press play nothing happens (the sled motor does not move and CD does not begin spinning) and it goes back to showing a zero and then will not accept any input at all.
However, I have learnt that if I press play immediately on powering it on, it will play the CD, goto next/previous track no problem at all!

I have lubed the moving parts and done some disconnects/reconnects.
If the initial reading of the disc works but then fails to take input and spin the disc but does work flawlessly if engaged immediately after turning on, motor moves fast, all tracks play good, weird?

I did find a faulty 10uf 35v cap in the power area which was visibly shot so I replaced it. I also saw 2 n15 fuses without continuity so replaced those too.

If I press play straight after turning it on, the servo works perfectly though, moving along the tracks smoothly and very fast to next and previous tracks etc, if I press to go to track 12 it goes there fast and if I go back to track 7 it goes there fast. I'm guessing that tracing voltages through the power section is a starting point but I've checked voltages at all IC's and they are all getting correct voltages. It's like after reading the disc the inputs just stop working but they work 100% if I engage them before it reads he disc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-03-24 15:44:57 | Show all posts
problem solved - lid switch was broken. Myguess if Play was hit before Discman had a chance to go through self-check, then self-check is aborted and broken switch not detected.
Will never know for sure though
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-03-24 16:49:39 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Repair!

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|Kaosun's CD players

2024-03-28 10:14 GMT-6 , Processed in 0.022342 second(s), 20 queries .