Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Kaosun's CD Players

Forgot password?
 Repair!
Search
View: 6140|Reply: 4

D-350 troubleshooting

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-11-29 11:51:05 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, Nice to meet everyone.  I have a D350 I am trying to get running.  It powers up but indicates "no disc" and won't spin.  I have put 1.5V on the spindle motor and it works, also cleaned it all up and checked for broken wires.  I have entered service mode. 1) The laser is confirmed to be 'on' 2) the tracking works using the << >> 3) When I press the play button, the focus search does not engage (at all),disc motor also not spinning.  Before I pull it apart again, any ideas on what this could be?  Thank you.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-12-04 15:51:40 | Show all posts
Quick update: I have replaced the two 100uf caps, all the other ones look OK.  The ribbon cable connector to the focus control may have also been an issue (that I fixed).  In service mode, when I hit play, the focus control now works but the disc motor does not spin.  I would think it is not related to the optical sled as it is not picking up a disc regardless. Service mode says CLV-S (Pull-in mode) starts while performing focus search.   I know it can spin because it does so when you hit pause in service mode.     Anyways, I will keep working on it.  Any input would be appreciated.    Thanks.  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-12-04 17:29:47 | Show all posts
Exit service mode. When you hit the play, the lens should focus up and down for several times and you can see red beam emits. If lens has no focus, you'll check the flexible cable of the focus coil.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-12-06 19:19:46 | Show all posts
Thank you Kaosun for your suggestion.  I desoldered the jumper to exit service mode.  When I depress the door switch, the track returns to the centre, the red laser is visible, and it does focus up and down.  It does this with and without a disc in it.  When you hit play, it immediately says no-disc and the motor does not spin.  Thank you.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-07 23:58:20 | Show all posts
Hi Jehr,
I had a D350, too. Please tell me how to enter service mode?

Thank you for the hlep!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Repair!

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|Kaosun's CD players

2024-03-29 00:05 GMT-6 , Processed in 0.027073 second(s), 20 queries .