Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Kaosun's CD Players

Forgot password?
 Repair!
Search
View: 4447|Reply: 2

D10 gear

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-29 18:51:37 | Show all posts |Read mode
I am the original owner of a D10, but did not use it for a long time until recently.  Pressing play only would make motor noise briefly.  I opened the bottom and found that the feed screw was sticky with old grease.  After cleaning and relubrication, D10 worked well.  Play, pause, stop, rewind, and fast forward all worked.  Sound quality through headphones was good except for a little noise from the volume control.  But now it seems that teeth of the middle gear became weak, because now this gear has one missing tooth in two different locations.  I would like to find a replacement for this gear.  Can you help?

A second problem is that, during disassembly, the metal front cover panel came away from the button assembly underneath.  It seems that this metal panel and the clear plastic window for the LCD display were assembled with only some kind of double-sided adhesive tape.  This tape is now a brown color and no longer holds the panel and window.  Maybe the tape residue can be removed and some other adhesive can be used instead.  Can you recommend any particular solution?   

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-01-13 09:09:00 | Show all posts
For the middle gear, there's no resource right now. Either you can get one from the spare parts, or print one by a resin printer.

For the glue, I suggest "Weldwood" contact cement from Walmart. It comes with a small brush so you might use it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-01-16 14:04:16 | Show all posts
Kao-sun, thank you very much for your advice.  I will try your recommendations.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Repair!

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|Kaosun's CD players

2024-03-28 17:19 GMT-6 , Processed in 0.023265 second(s), 20 queries .