Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Kaosun's CD Players

Forgot password?
 Repair!
Search
View: 3686|Reply: 1

D-5 starts to spin, and stops

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-03-20 09:04:08 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello - I recently purchased a Sony D-5 (made in Japan 1985).
It turns on. When I put a CD in and press play, it begins to spin up for a few seconds and then stops spinning.

I have the D-5 Service Manual and put the player in service mode. In this mode it flashes through the 16 different screens on the LCD. With a disk in, I press play and it begins to spin. If I press mode it spins faster. I can hear the optical track moving. I press play once or twice again and then I hear audio: as if it is playing one choppy section of the disk over and over again. Moving the optical track changes what I hear (sounds like a different part of the CD played over, and over again).

I have read the other Sony D-5 posts but not sure if they are related to exactly my issue.

Any help of suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I really want to use this disk player with my hi-fi system.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2022-03-21 09:57:27 | Show all posts
It's quite common laser has no beam casued by bad contact of the gold pin on the lid, or missing -5V from DC-DC box. In service mode, pls measure and confirm +5V, -5V, +9V output are all work. If reading issue still exists, ordinary it's a laser issue.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Repair!

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|Kaosun's CD players

2024-03-29 07:23 GMT-6 , Processed in 0.019513 second(s), 20 queries .