Search
View: 8614|Reply: 3

Toshiba XR-P22 servo issues.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-09-25 20:02:07 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello people, i've been having some problems with this unit lately. This unit was given to me some days ago, when it was handed to me, it wouldnt power on, or do anything.

After some research i came across Kaosun's thread on head-fi.org, about restoring a P21, so i followed the same procedure, replaced all the electrolytics on the psu, and replaced the ones on the RF circuit.

After doing this the unit powered on, i can see the display, and the buttons respond, but i still have one big problem, and that problem is that the laser doesnt even move, the laser position motor doesnt move, and the main motor that rotates the cd doesnt move.

Lately i've been checking voltages and traces on the pcb, but i don't know if im missing something, maybe someone here knows what could be wrong and help me, as i'm kind of lost now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2017-09-26 06:32:32 | Show all posts
Pls download P22 service manual from our website and check whether you lost anything?
Did you check whether the laser gear is stuck? If you apply 3V to the slide motor, the laser should move quickly.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-09-26 14:14:37 | Show all posts
I've downloaded the service manual, and im checking the schematics to try to find the fault, as of now, i found thar my vcc that comes out Q801 for all the cpus is around 3.40v, and if im not mistaken it should be 4.50v, this might be the reason why the servo is not working.

The laser appears to be free, i gently touched it with a cotton straw, and it pivots freely, it doesnt move up or down tho, i dont know if it needs to be powered on to move upwards, as i never saw it working before.

The laser motor appears to work fine when i apply an external source of power, same as the turntable motor, the problem is that the servo on the discman doesnt appear to be working.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2017-10-12 11:59:30 | Show all posts
If we take a look of the Q801, you'll find that the Q801 Pin8 receives the power supply of the battery and convert to constant 5V. If you can only measure 3.4V, pls check all peripheral components to ensure the 5V output.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Repair!

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|Kaosun's CD players

2024-04-24 09:23 GMT-6 , Processed in 0.026674 second(s), 20 queries .