Jehr Publish time 2020-11-29 11:51:05

D-350 troubleshooting

Hi, Nice to meet everyone.I have a D350 I am trying to get running.It powers up but indicates "no disc" and won't spin.I have put 1.5V on the spindle motor and it works, also cleaned it all up and checked for broken wires.I have entered service mode. 1) The laser is confirmed to be 'on' 2) the tracking works using the << >> 3) When I press the play button, the focus search does not engage (at all),disc motor also not spinning.Before I pull it apart again, any ideas on what this could be?Thank you.

Jehr Publish time 2020-12-04 15:51:40

Quick update: I have replaced the two 100uf caps, all the other ones look OK.The ribbon cable connector to the focus control may have also been an issue (that I fixed).In service mode, when I hit play, the focus control now works but the disc motor does not spin.I would think it is not related to the optical sled as it is not picking up a disc regardless. Service mode says CLV-S (Pull-in mode) starts while performing focus search.   I know it can spin because it does so when you hit pause in service mode.   Anyways, I will keep working on it.Any input would be appreciated.    Thanks.

kaosun Publish time 2020-12-04 17:29:47

Exit service mode. When you hit the play, the lens should focus up and down for several times and you can see red beam emits. If lens has no focus, you'll check the flexible cable of the focus coil.

Jehr Publish time 2020-12-06 19:19:46

Thank you Kaosun for your suggestion.I desoldered the jumper to exit service mode.When I depress the door switch, the track returns to the centre, the red laser is visible, and it does focus up and down.It does this with and without a disc in it.When you hit play, it immediately says no-disc and the motor does not spin.Thank you.

darinl2009 Publish time 2023-11-07 23:58:20

Hi Jehr,
I had a D350, too. Please tell me how to enter service mode?

Thank you for the hlep!!
Pages: [1]
View full version: D-350 troubleshooting